Saturday, August 14, 2010

Portland

Downtown Portland offers plenty of distraction and entertainment for the tourist. Within the vicinity of Union Station, one can find a Chinatown, the picturesque waterfront, the Aerial Tram, the zoo, the Japanese and Chinese gardens, and an eclectic artsy environment. I wish I had stayed longer to enjoy the food, the weather, and the welcoming people.

Note: for those future travelers, downtown Portland has a "free" zone in which one can ride the public transportation at no charge. This little fact made it so much easier to navigate around.













2 comments:

  1. Pierre if you decide to come back let me know, and I will play tour guide for you! I had an amazing time getting to know just a small portion of the person you are. I hope we will stay in touch over time.
    Your new friend in Portland,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Josh. I am sure I will be back to Portland, as it was such a beautiful city. I'm sorry I wasn't more sociable...I was/am behind on my work by several days, so i was trying to catch up. I hope you are having a great time!
    Best,
    Pierre~

    ReplyDelete